How can we make ourselves successful?


When you have no other options, you would have to push yourself to get successful.
We keep on reading success stories and failure stories in order to try and find out what’s the magic formula behind success. We read tones of autobiographies of extremely successful people to know what made them rich & successful. We try to plan our life on the basis of what we learn from such things.
And we do plan it. In fact, we have multiple plans. Plan A:  get into blogging. Set up some really awesome blogs that would fetch me millions of money.  But what if I don’t get successful at it?  What if I fail? Plan B: Take up the job offer and go to Chennai and work for a boring 9 to 5 job.  But what if my stars mess up everything and I miss the chance of joining? Plan C: Prepare for MBA entrance examination and then go for further studies. What if I’m an unable to get into a good business course? Plan D...


Oh my god! These back up plans keep coming into the picture. I have felt proud of myself for this ability I had in me since years. I always had a backup plan. Why? Because I thought this is what wise people do. If you have a backup plan, you can simply switch to the Plan B when the Plan A fails and so on. You tell, isn’t it a wise thing to do?  To have some extra options those help you to dodge the word ‘failure’?
 This is where I messed up. This is where my brain failed to be what it is supposed to be – wise. By having back up plans, you don’t dodge failures. In fact, you invite them. You are already planning for the failure of Plan A whereas if you had just one option, you would have tried to make it work no matter what happens. When you have 3 different roads in front of you, you can easily think of switching to other road if one turns out to be rocky. But if you had only one road in front of you, you would have walked on it anyways. Haven’t you?
If you have no option but to make your plan work, you would have made it work no matter what happens. So, instead of planning and planning for different back up plans, just think of your first plan as the only option. And when you would know you have no option but to be successful at it,you would be successful. Try it! Believe it! And if you can’t, read those success and failure stories again. The people who got successful have been the one who had no choice but to be successful. Can you make yourself one of those kinds of people? Can we make ourselves one of those kinds of people?



Comments

  1. Just perfect. I completely do agree with all the points. Well written and a very nice share. Keep posting with lots more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts