A 36000 experience – how I lost my phone


Oh! I had waited so desperately to share the experience of my Trip to Goa. I had longed to share what I felt when I saw the beach and enormous amount of water for the first time. I had longed to share how my taste buds felt when they had the fresh sea food for the first time. I had longed to share how I felt when I jumped into the sea for diving even when I don’t know how to swim. I had longed to share all the first time experiences I had in Goa but there was one thing which I had never even imagined to share and I would have never wished to share – the 36000 experience.
“Manpreet, losing is a part of life. We lose many things during this single life. We lose our loved ones; we lose our close to heart priced possessions. We lose dreams, aspirations, goals and many more things. Life is all about getting and losing. You need to accept that if you got something, you would lose that one day. Obviously, you don’t know when that day would come but no matter what you do, it’s unbeatable. Moreover, you’re not the only one who is experiencing this. Many people lose. There’s nothing to cry about it.”
Many such awesome thoughts were shared with me by all the friends who have accompanied me. A German girl Maggie even took out a 1000 rupee note as a kind gesture to help me out of my sadness. She wanted to be the first one to help me to buy a new phone for she thought it was the 36000 which made me cry. Was it?
Yes, I was crying like a baby like I always do but it wasn’t the 36000 which made me cry. It was the belief of my parents who thought I can take care of myself and the expensive stuff I always ask for and buy. It was the memories which had been captured in that phone. It had been the thoughts which had been scribbled on my phone using the S Pen and which were scheduled to be converted into a blog post the moment I returned back home. It was the useful data which I lost and would never be recovered for I had been too sure about my ‘good destiny’ that I never could have imagined losing my cell phone the way I did. It was all because I trusted my destiny too much. Don’t believe it?
Let me tell you how I lost my phone and how I got the 36000 experience. Having kept it in the same pocket where it had been kept many a times before, I was sitting in the train. The seat where I was sitting had a hole which usually should have been the wall of the train and should not be a hole. But it was. Then the hole was exactly constructed in a way that my phone had to fall in the exact vertical position (even a small divert in the angle of fall would have saved my phone). And then did it fall. It fell exactly the way it was planned (it had to be a well planned effort by what we call destiny/luck). As soon as I dropped my phone, I tried to find it but after a few moments, all of us knew that it was gone. I had lost it in the most stupid and unexpected way.
I got to know how it feels when you lose your phone in such a way where you cannot blame anyone, not even yourself for what happened. I got a chance to listen to at least 10 philosophers which I never knew that they existed (my friends).
I really feel like laughing while writing this. And I know many of you who would have read this post because of the title would be planning to throw me out of the train (or wishing at least). But that was a title suggested by the same set of philosophers for they wanted me to write about this – the 36000 experience.
I will miss my phone. :(



Comments

Popular Posts