The Realization

Today, after a really long time I am writing without a topic in my mind. I do not know what I want to talk about. Since a past few years, all I have been thinking about is success, career, job and money. There is nothing else which I ever thought about except the obvious thing, love.
But no matter what I think or want, I reach one place every time. The place which asks me where is Manpreet? Where is that Manpreet who wants to be a writer? Where is that Manpreet who started on this journey with only one dream in her eyes? The dream was to tell the story to the people. Whose story? Story of Manpreet, Story of a girl whose life was just too normal to be called as normal, Story of those billions of people which she has met and would meet during her lifetime. All she wanted was to tell what she was thinking and what she knew.
 But this world has a very fine skill to make you turn away from your real goal and get lost in a big puzzle where you eventually forget what you actually wanted. Was it the success and money which made me start my journey or was it just my desire to speak which made me start? What was it? Each day I think about writing and writing but truthfully speaking, I write nothing. I own a blog and all I can think about is blogging. But am I actually blogging? Am I actually doing it for the real purpose? I have been too busy looking at places trying to find out how to make your blog popular, how to get more traffic, how to get more visitors, how to concentrate on audience engagement, how to earn money and many other stuff.
 I have been trying to set together the pieces of the puzzle but I did forget why was I doing it for? Why was I actually trying to solve the puzzle? And when I got the answer to the question I realized that solving that puzzle would take me nowhere. Because that was not what I wanted.  That was not what I dreamt. What I dreamt was to become a writer.. Not a person who would try using the power of pen just to earn money. People say nothing is stronger than the power of pen and I believe so. Then why am I actually trying to confuse this power with a shortcut to success? Why am I trying to compare this power to money?
You cannot do anything in your life unless you are passionate enough for it and when you discover that passion, you realize money doesn’t matter. And for me now, money doesn’t matter. For all the people who keep giving me tips on how my blog’s alexa ranking is quite less as compare to the content on the place, please, buzz off! My ethics of working won’t allow me to say this to the people but yes, I am here today saying the same. I am going to do what I want; I am going to follow my own path. You want to follow, well! You don’t? You don’t matter. This is me.. Manpreet

Wishing everyone Merry Christmas and a very happy new year and above all, starting a new year for herself.

Comments

Popular Posts