Things I Want To Do With My Life


Life is so unpredictable. But still, we keep on dreaming and thinking of what we want to do with our life. As I was sitting in subway with my friend, we were discussing about our dreams. Some unrealistic dreams!

There was a time when I wanted to be an expert in forensic sciences. There was a time when I wanted to be a doctor. Every movie, every T.V. serial, every article in a newspaper made me acquainted with a new profession and I just fell in love with that every time. But one person which I never wanted to be was, an engineer. And guess what I am doing right now. I am doing B.Tech. I am going to become an engineer after almost two and a half years.

This is life. Unpredictable, giving you surprises all the time.  There is always something in that 'Box Of Life', wrapped in the most impressive and attracting gift paper.

But still, I read in a book that you should make a list of the things you want in your life.  The list may have some of the stupidest things you can ever imagine. Even I made a list. LOL.

The list was seriously a stupid one. A very stupid one in fact. But that, gave me a flashback of all the things I have wanted in my life. More importantly, it gave me a reality check. I had wanted so much from my life. I had decided to get those things. I had the courage to turn them into reality. I just had to take the first step. The result would never had mattered to me. Because what matters to me is that 'I tried'. 

But before I could start with that work, I just forgot to take the first step.

Since many days, I have been wondering what went wrong. Why am I not reaching my goal? Why don’t I feel even a bit closer to my dreams?

Not because I failed, I didn’t even tried. 
Not because I quit, I was yet to start.
The answer is  :- BECAUSE I JUST FORGOT WHAT I WANTED TO DO WITH MY LIFE.
Now that I have realized…..

Note :- :P You can follow me through your email. Just type your email id in the box at the top of the page and click submit. You will get all my posts automatically in your inbox. :) :)

Comments

  1. I will agree on the life being unpredictable..
    But It wasn't so much for me..
    since 4th grade.. when I first programmed in MS-DOS and logo.. then worked with MSOffice.. I became fascinated with Computers and the Languages..
    The complexity and simplicity of a computer language started to fascinate me..
    There even came a time when I used to code everyday just for fun..
    I was living in a town at that time.. where MidTown Madness was the best game of that time..
    so having the power to make programs whatever I wanted was Awesome!
    Also every year we had some language in our Computer book- MD-DOS, LOGO, GWBASIC, QBASIC, HTML and lastly JAVA till 10th..
    so when my mom asked me what I want to do in the future in 7th grade.. my answer was computer programming and maths
    I regret saying maths now, but at that time I was a genius in it..such good times!
    and the only course offering those 2 subjects was Computer Science!
    Believe me when I say, many people have forced me to reconsider my choice.. they said at my rank I could get a far better college if I just forgot about computer Science and tried some other engineering..
    And they were right.
    But then I asked myself, Do I want something else? and the answer was always NO!
    CGC is not a good place to learn.. Heck! Just watch the first lecture of the Algorithms course of MIT and you'll find it far more complex than our whole DSPM course..
    But still.. being able to learn, design, code and debug problems, programs and apps and being able to earn doing this- I could say this was the best decision of my life even though I fuck'd up my 2nd try at AIEEE!
    due to some supernatural intervention I decided to mark all the unanswered questions with option A during the last 2 minutes of my exam..
    Saying so, I went down from IIT, NIT to CGC- which changed my whole life and all my efforts in Kota became worthless!
    But still, its my life! and I have long since decided to take whatever shit life throws at me, and try to mold it into something positive and useful..

    Oh and nice post! Keep up the work xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahha,, supernatural intervention... :P
    but its good that you are doing what you like..
    Even I had an interest in programming during school time.. but now, I am a bit confused. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. u r gonna be in your 4th sem soon, and you are still confused? :o
    the sooner you embrace your destiny, the sooner your life will unravel!
    -written in some fic :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts