Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban and the guilt

As I held the book in my hands, I couldn't foresee what was going to come. I was sure I would just read 50-60 pages and then get back to my work. Was I wrong? Way more than that.
I have been reading Harry Potter series for the first time and it was time to read book 3. But after reading it, even though I loved it, I am feeling guilty. Why?
Because I ignored everything else. I had to work and submit the work. But who cares about the job that pays my bills and helps me buy books? I had to post an article over here but who cares about the wonderful people who still keep coming to this ignored blog?
I won't say I don't care. I do and that's the biggest reason why I am feeling guilty for now. I hadn't wanted to read it so long and ignore everything else. Did I mention I missed the gym too? That was something very unacceptable. After reading 300+ pages in one go, I was extremely tired and wasn't able to work on anything after that.
harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban
This intensified my guilt and the feeling of sadness that crept over me even when I had completed reading a very fine book. 
Solution?
When you do something bad once, you always have the chance to make sure you don't do it again. That's what I am going to do. From now onwards, I am not going to read a book more than 1 hour a day. Yes, that's it. 
This might reduce the number of books I read or even make me fail in the 2015 book reading challenge on goodreads. But I am ready to face the consequences of my bad deeds. Are you?

Comments

Popular Posts