How to overcome the fear of rejection and begin blogging?

Hey there! How have you been? It has been a long time since I posted here. In fact, it has been longer than I can imagine. Time runs so fast. Every day I think I would write an awesome post over here tomorrow and that tomorrow never comes. It is disappointing. But what I could do? Lack of motivation was the disease that was stopping me from posting over here. Whenever I wrote some post, I just hit the delete button thinking that no one would want to read that post and that happened so often. 
Today, when I woke up, I decided this has to be the day to say good bye to that very bad and deadly disease, So, here I am, writing my new post on my Personal Blog PerCepTion
What am I going to talk about today? How to overcome the fear of rejection and begin blogging? 
1. Work on your Space: Do you know which is the most important thing that got me to work today? The theme. I just changed the theme of the blog and it looks so new and refereshing that I felt forced to write today. This works with any kind of work. Don't feel like working in the office anymore? Try to give a new look to your workspace and see the difference. 
2. Re-visit your goals & passion: Life is more sort of a rat-run and in that, we just forget why we're running at the first place. I just forgot why PerCepTion is there. I didn't make it to get hundreds of followers and comments. I made it just to share whatever I want and let the people who are interested in my content, read it. But while handling Finix Post, I got acquainted to the commercial side of blogging and that's when everything went wrong with PerCepTion. I wasn't writing for myself anymore. It took me time to figure out this thing and then I knew what I had to do. I sat at a place, took a notebook and started writing. I wrote about what I wanted to do and why am I not doing it. That cleared up my mind and see, you are finding me writing today. Right? 

3. Get Rid of Fear of Rejection: this is a tough job. You need to trick your mind but it is possible. What I do is try to magnify my arrogant nature and use it for my own benefit. I pamper myself, praise myself and pull myself out of the zone that makes me feel inferior and think of if people don't like my work and so on. 
Well, I just worked on these three and got myself out of this whole thing. I don't fear rejection now. I know many of you might find it useless to even visit this blog. But then I made it for my own self. I am not looking for getting lot of appreciation from what I do here. The important thing is what I do here is what I am and that is awesome. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts