Why Taking up a 31 Day Blogging Challenge Is not a Good Idea?

31 DAY BLOGGING CHALLENGE: WHY TAKING UP A 31 DAY BLOGGING CHALLENGE IS NOT A GOOD IDEA
I know I’m not following the pointers given to me while I took up this challenge, but this is what I want to talk about on my blog today.
Why did I take up the 31 Day blogging challenge?
Well, from the topic you would have already guessed what I’m going to talk about. But there’s one thing you don’t know about – why did I take up this kind of challenge at first place?
I wasn’t that inconsistent with my posts. Neither did I go through a writer’s block. Then why this challenge?
Humans live such a life where they often do stuff which they don’t want to do and ignore what they really want to do. This maybe because of family issues, money issues, peer pressure or anything or everything that happens around us. In our entire life, we hardly find such people who would ask us to leave all the stupid things we do for some reason or other and do what we love. Did you ever meet a person like that?
This is rare and that’s why most of us become the part of the ‘big herd’ (the society). We work like donkeys for fulfilling dreams we never saw with our own eyes. And I am not so proud to be the part of that herd but still I am there like everyone is.
I have to study some stupid subjects just because someone thinks that my intelligence on that particular subject can be tested through a booklet of 32 pages. I have to get a job just because everyone thinks if you get a job, your life becomes easier and tension free.
But while doing so, the thing which I loved always got ignored. It wasn’t like I didn’t have enough time (you always have enough time to do something if you want to do it) but every time I thought of doing it, there was something more important that came in the way.
So, I needed a solution – a solution that would stop me from considering the most important things in my life (things that I love to do) as not so important ones. Also, the reason I mentioned when I started this challenge added up to the problem.
I needed a solution which would make me post everyday without feeling guilty about not paying attention to the ‘important stuff’ in my life. I needed something that would make me calm and willing enough to do the seemingly ‘important stuff’ – studies.
For a person like me, nothing works like a challenge.  I can try and fail and quit at some work but you challenge me and I will make sure I give the toughest fight and win. So, the solution was a CHALLENGE.
I had heard a lot about such blogging challenges so I looked for an active blogging challenges. There was none. Then I surfed through Pinterest and picked up this one.. the 31 DAY BLOGGING CHALLENGE

Why 31 Day Blogging Challenge Isn’t a good idea?
Did you read all the posts I have written under this challenge? Today is the 11th day and this is my 11th post of 31 DAY BLOGGING CHALLENGE. But you know what I would never ask you to read all the posts I have written. In fact, I am planning to even delete some posts. Why?
Though all bloggers know that, the normal people might not know our success mantra. It is,  ‘CONTENT IS THE KING’. All the successful bloggers have one strong weapon – content and if one loses that, one loses the entire battle. People read your posts for you write well. You are reading my post because you like what I have written.
But what if I write some stupid lines talking about myself and a stupid crush? Just a boring story. You would be so frustrated that chances are you would never visit my blog again.
So in this blogging challenge, instead of writing more stuff, getting more readers for my blog and satisfying my hunger for writing, I am actually writing bad stuff, losing my readers and feeling ashamed of what I write.
And I am sure that’s what happens to many bloggers and that’s why most of the people quit and lose such kind of challenges. What’s the use of writing a bad post that no one would like to read? Instead write a good post which people would love to read, no matter how many days you took to post it. Isn’t that a better idea?
Blogging Challenges like these are meant to inspire you and motivate you enough to make you do what you want to do. They’re not supposed to degrade your work and act like a black dot on your passion. You can take up the challenge and write what the challenge ask you to but that’s all your will. The challenge is to post regularly. Post anything you like, anything you think is good enough. If you find nothing, don’t post.
Challenges like these are for your own self not for showing off. You take such challenges for self improvement. So, do it for your own self not because someone would think you lost a challenge like this.
I hope you got the answer.. why it's not a good idea.. 
Because it makes you think that you're doing all of this, this challenge thing to prove that you can win. To prove to others that you can win. But in real, you don't need to prove to anyone. All you need to do is 'Do what you love to do'. 
P.S.  I am still not going to quit.. the posts will keep coming.. see you tomorrow :)




Comments

Popular Posts