Why Do We Hate Being Sad?


There’s so much to talk about: expectations, dreams, goals, aspirations! Each of these has an enormous potential to make you feel extremely happy and devastatingly sad. While all of us love being happy, none of us accepts the sadness that openly.
When we’re sad, we curse God and people around us whom we consider the reason for our bad days. We get angry on others for there’s nothing else we can do about our sadness.
But do you think there can be happiness without sadness? How would you even measure your happiness when you haven’t experienced sadness?
This reminds me of a small story I read on Facebook which talks about how Albert Einstein explained to his teacher about measuring things like light and happiness. According to him, we are able to experience and talk about these things only if their opposite counterparts are existent. There is light because there is darkness once. Similarly, there is happiness in your life because there was sadness at a time.
What does this mean then? Can’t we be happy without being sad? You tell me, is it possible? How would you know you’re happy?
I don’t think I needed to explain how both happiness and sadness are inseparable pairs. You need to experience both in order to get the one which you want.
Then why is it that we don’t like sadness and like happiness?
Why do we hate being sad? Why do we hate being unhappy? Why do we hate the bad times in our life? Why do we only adore the good times and curse the other ones?
I don’t think I would ever be able to answer this question. I have tried a lot to accept the bad things in my life as nicely as I accepted those good things but I tend to fail each time. But still, I’m trying.




Comments

Popular Posts