Bidding Adieu to 2013


Last day of 2013, I would begin this day with the same dialogue as I have each year – The year went so fast. I didn’t even know when 2014 came. (It hasn’t come yet) But yes, tomorrow the world is going to welcome another New Year.  Like many of my friends, I would like to end this day, December 31, 2013 with a list of some precious moments and unforgettable people.
Are you wondering where the list is? I don’t have any. I really don’t know whom I should thank and whom I should not. Usually, we thank people who made us smile and who helped us to be happy. Don’t we? But I am not that kind of person.  You would be thinking what kind of girl this is. She doesn’t even like to thank those people who helped her or made her happy?
I am thankful to many people this year – not only to the ones who made me smile but also to the ones who hurt me so much that it made me cry. In fact, the latter ones would score high places on my ‘Thank you’ list for whenever you’re hurt or cheated, you get a chance to make yourself strong and never let any other person do that again. The people who made me smile are certainly the good ones but the bad ones did teach me the lessons of life.
But it’s seriously impossible for me to pen down everything that happened in 2013 and to list all the names that made me smile. I do remember each of them. I would remember each of them forever but listing their names like many of the people have been doing since a few days, is not my cup of tea.
At last, I hope the biggest lesson I learned this year, I don’t forget it ever. Though that is something many of my well wishers have been trying to make me understand since many years but you can never understand something until it’s the right time to do it. I knew I had become too over confident about my studies. I seriously felt like I am the most intelligent one in my whole batch. :P
But now as I enter 2014, I am pretty much aware of where I lie and promise myself not to get that special trait that I had carried all along 2013, once again in myself.
I wish all of you for reading my blog. The year was certainly a special one for my blogging career and it became special just because of my readers. Happy New Year!
Image Source: Zesty- Tacos


Comments

Popular Posts