Movie Review - Bombay Talkies

May 4, 2013 
Saturday
It was the last day of my exam. I was so happy for those exams were going to get over. Along with that, there came a reminder from a friend whom I had promised to go to a movie with. So, this time all the pleasure of choosing which movie we would go for was bestowed upon me.

May be my friend forgot how good I am in making choices like these. I opened the PVR app on my cell phone and looked for the movie timings. Now, what would you look for while choosing a movie? Star cast, Director, story.... What I looked for? What timings would suit my hostel timings and then click! I just booked the tickets for Bombay Talkies which is supposed to celebrate 100 years of Indian Cinemas. Four heart touching stories by four big directors of this era... Oh my god! Don't they say a lot while promoting these movies?


 Well, you might have guessed from the opening of this post that my movie experience was not at all good. Four stories in a 2 hour movie - how can those people think that it was a good idea?







STORY 1

First story in the movie was by Karan Johar. I did have lot of expectations. And they were not ruined till the part ended. Three people - a married couple and a gay, sexy look of Rani Mukherji, the way she wore those sarees - I loved it. A girl singing a song - it really made me feel good. But all I was about to get in the end was a shock - "Oh, did it end? Seriously, that's it?" The story ended in such a short time. I had wanted to see more. I wasn't satisfied with what I saw. May be we people are used to watch a 2 hour movie with a single story. That's why it was difficult for me to accept that a story could end in just half an hour.





STORY 2

While I was still in the shock for my supposed to be the favorite part of the movie ended so soon, I was watching an another short story. I seriously don't know what happened in it. A guy, may be he was trying to discover his passion, his passion for acting. Well, you have to figure it out yourself if you do have the courage to watch this movie. :P




STORY 3

This part was a bit entertaining. A boy who wants to be a girl! He wants to be a dancer but his dad wants him to be a footballer. There are some scenes which would make you laugh. The bonding between a brother and sister, pressure of parents on their children, differentiation between a boy and a girl - the movie showcases these emotions really well. 


Muje Sheila Banna hai


STORY 4

A father on his deathbed asks his son to get a piece of food - "Murabba" tasted from The Amitabh Bachchan. The son obeys his father and goes to Mr. Amitabh Bachchan's house, goes through some troubles as meeting a celebrity like Amitabh Sir is not too easy. Well, this was something which I had already seen in many movies. 


Humein Bachchan saahab se milna hai!

THE END
Oh, here comes my favorite part of the movie. :P
I ain't joking, my dear. There was a song at the end of the movie in which all the historical works by bollywood artists were clipped together in a song. The editing was fantastic. Hats off to the guy who did editing for this song. Then there were all big celebrities like Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor, Karishma Kapoor and many more shaking their legs on one dance floor. It was the only part where Me and my friend actually wanted to sit and watch the movie.
All the big stars on one dance floor 


So, this is how the movie was. I had expected a little more, no, a lot more when I heard about the movie. But during the whole movie, all I could do was curse myself for I chose this over Shootout at Wadala where I could have seen John Abraham <3

My ratings for the movie - * ( Watch it at your own risk) :P
Don't forget to hit like on the facebook page of this blog - PerCepTion

Comments

  1. So, your rating is one star?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all I could give is one star to this movie. The performances by the actors are really appreciable but I don't think it would make people stick to the movie halls.

      Delete
  2. wow, you went for this instead of Iron Man or that Ashiq2 or something? Whoever even recommended this one?
    i hope you've atleast watched ironman.. cuz it may be the last part..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry :P
      I have already watched Iron Man. In fact, it was the first 3-D movie I watched. I loved the movie.
      Aashiqui 2 - I watched it on my laptop yesterday night. :)

      Delete
    2. oh.. so you've watched them all... lol.. is that all you did after exams were over? watched movies all day n night? cuz that's just awesome!

      Delete
    3. I watched Iron Man after my first exam. :P
      And two after the exams got over. O:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts