How To Sell a Plot?

He came running towards our desk and said, "You know what, I got selected in the interview. Many more people were there, but all of them were rejected as they were not able to answer a simple question properly".
Me- "Oh! is that so? What did they ask you? " (wondering if I had ever seen that person)

He - "They asked me to a sale  a certain pieces of apartments. I told them blah blah blah ... " I am sure you are not interested in listening the strategy he used. :P
If you seriously do, then please ask me in the comments :P

So, Here I am, after a very busy weekend, which was supposed to be a weekend full of rest and food at my home and which nicely and not so nicely got turned into a weekend filled with lots of work all day.
All the credit for this busy weekend goes to my college which organized a Job Fest in the other branch of my college. It was a two day Job fest in which more than 50 companies visited. Well, I suppose that you might not be interested in knowing about the companies too. :P

So, what do you want to know?
You have been reading this post till now, you might have expected something, rite?
Or you just simply came across this new post on my not so active blog and wanted to see what I have to say, Isn't it?

Well, this post is certainly not what you thought from the title. How to sell a plot? Well, I am an Information Technology student till now. Even I don't know how to sale a plot. :P
What I wanted to share is, my Experience.

The way I felt when I was assigned the job of giving hall tickets for the students who wanted to appear for an interview in a company, the way I felt when those students came to me with sad faces for they could not clear the interview.
 In these two days, I came across a lot many people. A lot many people, who were just like me one or two years before, tension free and lazy types. :P I even met with the overconfident types.
There were students who had come just for fun and got selected in the interview and said, "We don't want to join the company. We had come just for fun." There were students who were very serious and wanted to get selected but were rejected and felt like crying and made me feel really sad to see their faces. And there were students like me, who sat in the written test just to pass my time and got the highest marks *Applaud* :P


The day had been very tiring but at the same time the experience it gave to me is worthless.
One thing I have realized every time I do any work, whether as an exchange coordinator in AIESEC Chandigarh or as a placement coordinator in my college, is that it doesn't matter who many marks you have secured by cramming up those books, it doesn't matter at which position you are right now; the only thing that matters and brings respect to you from others is your EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE. 



So, work on these things if you want to be successful and want to be respected. :)

Don't forget to hit like on the facebook page of this blog - PerCepTion


Comments

  1. are you in 6th sem then? or did they allow 4th sem IT to take the exams too?

    One of my roommate(IT-4th) also went to the job fest on Friday.. and he was all like it wasn't anything, they just showed people the way and occasionally heard rants from some.

    So.. I was thinking of giving out my name for placement coordinator too, but I wanted to ask a few things- mainly, are there any benefits? and if I don't like being one, can I back out anytime?
    cuz just wasting time like that doesn't appeal much otherwise.. though I'd like to attain some experience in placement department for future!

    and what IS aiesec? and why would any IT person want to join it? I've heard you do group meetings, attend and give seminars and stuff. How do they help us technically?

    One thing about CSE i don't like is that we don't get much exposure to this kind of stuff like you ITians do.
    well anyway that was quiet some experience, even though it was tiring and worthless..
    and the title of the post.. lol, it really got me reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha,, exam part was just for fun. As a coordinator, my part was just to facilitate the exam process but as everything was done by the people from company only, I had nothing much to do. :P

      hahahah, your friend might not have got the right task to do. And moreover it all depends upon how you take it, for me it was full of experience, for him it was not. Well, that's the difference between the PerCepTion. May be that's why I felt like sharing this experience - everything has a deeper meaning. :)

      Benefits as a placement coordinator - yes, a lot. You get to know how to handle things, how to manage things. This task is not that easy as it seems from the name. Once you get into the corporate world, you will realize the benefits. Well, that's what everyone say. For me,I see a lot of benefits in it. And ofcourse, if you do not like the work, you can leave. :)

      AIESEC - well, search for it on google. World's largest youth run organization providing a platform for students to develop their leadership potential. Though, AIESEC do have some technical work, but still, I cannot give a particular reason for why an IT person would want to join it. But, a person who want to lead in the corporate world, would surely learn a lot through this organization. Whatever we do in AIESEC tries to enfill us with confidence, leadership, management and marketing skills. Technical skills - well, I doubt it a little.

      And a big astonishment for the last paragraph. CSE people get the most exposure. IT people lag behind. I am wondering how you came across the other way!
      And didn't get the second last line. I hope you don't mind repeating it with a clearer meaning. :)

      And I would take it as a compliment - #title :P
      Thank You

      Delete
    2. oh! first of all, do you know who to contact to become a placement coordinator? I tried asking my CC and she was all like what are you talking about?
      and yea.. that's one of the reason I'm planning to become one myself.. and I'm planning to rope in some of my friends too!
      hmm.. it still doesn't appeal much to me, the Aiesec! but I can understand how the experience I gives would help me in the future. Right now that wasted time isn't worth it.. I'm currently working on my technical skills.. maybe in the future though!
      and I was talking about our college!! IT has got, hmm.. interactive-type teachers.. you know, helping out students in their little projects, taking you people on 'field trip' and you know, less study-in-class oriented! while CSE feels like school.. you know- surprise tests, keep standing till you answer something, Explaining the same thing again and again, rare bunks.. stuff like that
      I haven't heard things like that about IT from my friends there!

      and you wrote above- "The day had been very tiring but at the same time the experience it gave to me is worthless." I was just commenting on it!
      ~and Welcome

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts