Books I've Read Till Now..

Its almost the end of 2012. In the beginning of each year, I set some new year resolutions for myself. I think everybody does that but only few of us actually follow our new year resolutions.

When 2012 was going to start, I also made a list of some things which I would definitely do or follow in 2012. I don't even remember where that list is.. so following the things written in that list is really impossible :P

But one thing I remember from that list was, I decided that I would read maximum books in the year 2012. Lol!

Well, as it was a new year resolution, so I can justify myself for not reading even 10 books. :P
Because of exams and busy college schedule, I had to distance myself from books. Reading books is one of my favorite hobby. Nowadays, I read very less but still, when I am free, reading a good book is the most amazing thing I can ever do.

I started reading books in seventh standard. Me and my best friends, we all loved reading books and we love it till now. I have read more than forty books since then.
Here is the list of the books which I have read till now.. I just want to double this list by next December.
Wait.. Is this another new year resolution of mine ;)
This time I will try my best :P

BOOKS I'VE READ TILL NOW
( I have also included the ratings I gave to each book.
My rating style --
***** Must read
****   Amazing one
***     Nice book
**        Average
*          Stay Away from it :P )
1. Ofcourse I Love You... Till I Find Someone Better  by Durjoy Dutta (*****)
2. Revolution 2020 by Chetan Bhagat (****)
3. Two States by Chetan Bhagat (****)
4. The Eleventh Hour by Catherine coulter (*****)
5. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseni (****)
6. The Three Mistakes of my life by Chetan Bhagat (****)
7. Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat (***)
8. Here Lies Arthur by Philip Reeve (****)
9. Playing For Pizza by John Grisham (**)
10. Can Love Happen Twice by Ravinder Singh (****)
11. Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen (**)
12. Conversation With God For Teens by Neale Donald (***)
13. You Can Win by Shiv Khera (****)
14. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens (***)
15. The Tempest by William Shakespeare (**)
16. Hamlet by William Shakespeare (**)
17. Around The World In 80 Days by Jules Verne (***)
18. The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain  (***)
19. Pink Pages by Sarah Delmege (***)
20. The Giggler Treatment by Roddy Doyle (*)
21. The Famous Five - Five On a Treasure Island by Enid Blyton (****)
22. The Famous Five - Five On Kirrin Island Again by Enid Blyton (****)
23. The Famous Five - Five On A Secret Trail by Enid Blyton (****)
24. The Famous Five - Five Run Away Together by Enid Blyton (****)
25. The Famous Five - Five Go to Smuggler's Top by Enid Blyton (***)
26. The Famous Five - Five Go To Mystery Moor by Enid Blyton (***)
27. The Famous Five - Five Go Adventuring Again by Enid Blyton (****)
28. The Famous Five - Five On A Hike Together by Enid Blyton (****)
29. The Famous Five - Five Get Into Trouble by Enid Blyton (****)
30. The Famous Five - Five Go Off To A Camp by Enid Blyton (****)
31. Watchers by Peter Lerangis (*)
32. Detective Stories 4 by  Sir Arthur Canon  (**)
33. The Mystery Of the Spiteful Letters by Enid Blyton  (*****)
34. The Book of Time 1 by Guillame Prevost (***)
35. First Term At Malory Towers by Enid Blyton  (****)
36. Upper Fourth At Malory Towers by Enid Blyton (****)
37. The Tale Of Ragged Mountains by Edgar Allan Poe (***)
38. The Birthmark by Nathaneil Hawthorne (**)
40. Saucy Jane Family by Enid Blyton (**)
41. Spooks and Scares by Mary Hooper  (*)
42. Amelia Jane Again by Enid Blyton (*)
43. Sikhishm by R.K.Arora (***)


These are the ones I've read till now. As I said, I want to double the list which means at least 40 books in 2013. I would love it if you guys suggest me your favorite books so that these 40 books would be the best one that I would read in 2013. 
:)
Buy Of Course I Love You! from Flipkart.com
                                                                

Comments

  1. i wish to achive the number 40 in my lifetime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahhaha,, good luck :)
    I am already done with my 44th book.
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idk if you have heard of Roald Dahl- He's a story writer of old.. I think Charlie and the chocolate factory was written by him..
    Till the end of 10th grade I've only ever read his some crocodile book's 3 pages where half of them were covered in pictures.. oh and champak-The Indian talking animals..lol
    But in 11th, when I first went to kota, My cousin there hooked me up with "5 point someone"..
    Now seeing as I was preparing for IIT-JEE it was an awesome read back then.. and I completed it in 2 days..
    that was my first novel.. after that, It was like a freight train of reading novels!!.. I first read all of Chetan Bhagat's
    then, I thought what else could I read that'd be awesome!
    I started with
    -Harry Potter series, after reading'em all I went for
    -Lord of the Rings, then
    -The Chronicles of Narnia(I know its a children book, but still reading about how Narnia came to be in the first book hook'd me up!)
    Have you ever read
    -Dan Brown's collection? Its awesome with so much history and suspense in them!
    I tried -Shakespeare, but after studying Julius Ceasor in 9th and 10th- i put it down as a lost cause..
    try the
    -Gallagher Girls series- reading them was the most embarrassing time of my life, but i think you'd find it good.. Its abt a girl spy, secret school and love story..lol
    Have you ever read any
    -Manga? -These are Japanese 'kind-of-comics' but are awesome in its own rights..
    if all else fails- there's always
    -fanfiction.net - it has almost all the fictions written by fans of various TV shows, movies, manga, anime, and whatever one could be a fan of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems you have read quite a lot books...nice.. and thanks for the suggestions.. would definitely give them a try.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts