End of OC term

Joining this organization - AIESEC Chandigarh is one of the best decision I have made in my life. I still remember the day when a girl from this organization came to my class and told me about the opportunities this organization have for me. Going through four tough selection rounds - group discussion, team activity, and two personal interviews, I became a part of this organization. How lucky I was!
After getting into AIESEC, I met some wonderful people. Starting with my first team leader Nippon Sahore to my present team leader Geetika Mago, I have always found myself feeling very lucky. There are many more amazing and inspiring people whom I have met through this organization.

AIESEC is one of the largest youth organizations in the world.  And it really feels awesome to be a part of such a large circle of like minded people working for peace and mankind. 

Initially, I was assigned the role of exchange coordinator in AIESEC. Exchange is the main product of this organization. But this role was just the beginning of the list of opportunities being provided to me.Everyday, I was introduced with a new opportunity. From the exchange coordinator to an opportunity for being a delegate in one of its kind National Leadership Development Seminar, to get into a team named LEAD Task Force- a special team which could have provided me with enormous opportunites to develop my public speaking skills and many more.


Following this list, It came the application of Organzing Committee - Recruitments, AIESEC Chandigarh - 2012. It is said that an AIESEC experience is always incomplete without an OC experience. I really found it fascinating to be a part of an OC team. I filled up the application hoping to get selected in the team. I was called for the interview.  July 16, 2012 was the day of my interview. It went very badly. I never thought that I would be selected for the OC. 

But I did get selected. It was really shocking for me when I saw my name in the list of the people who were selected. I can't share how I felt at that time. *Awesome*
Yesterday, September 2, 2012 was the last day of my OC term. One full month of constant efforts of the team - SANSANI - yes, we did it together.  Everyday, SANSANI used to go to colleges and give classroom presentations to the students. We used to tell the stundents about our organization, what can they get from this organization and above all- we used to share our own AIESEC experience. Many likeminded students who wanted to be leaders and stand out from the crowd - showed interest in joining AIESEC. Then came selections. Wow! It was so amazing to interact with all the students from different colleges in the waiting room. I really found it amazing to see what people who are just one year younger to me think like. 
Ideas and thoughts of those people were really beyond my imagination * Superb*
This made me realize how much more I need to learn. 

Today, I am in my college, sitting without any SANSANI around. A set of people from different worlds (departments) came and worked together like a single body for a month and now, they all are again into their own worlds. But I will miss them a lot. I will miss SANSANI a lot.
We met, we worked, we fought, we cried, we played, we had fun, we spreaded the SANSANI...



and I WILL MISS YOU SANSANI...

Comments

  1. Thanks alot manpreet for this thought i really respect it ...love you loads SanSani ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaye Manpreet. blog and all, aan!!
    Well this is a very sweet gesture. Trust me, it was very overwhelming to go through all this and your words just made it more memorable.
    Ive found a great friend in you, the same kind as me, always up for fun!!
    kudos to my khappi partner, who knows when to be serious! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It feels so good to be friends with you.. seriusly, you are amazing,, bhukkad!! :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts